When the temperature drops, and the roads get icy it is easy to start feeling down about the season. Especially that stretch after Christmas when there doesn’t seem to be anything to look forward to. Never fear, there are more than a few reasons to love winter. Here are a few of my favorite winter moments:
1) Hot Cocoa: because that delicious chocolatey drink is best served hot while you are comfortably snuggled under blankets
2) Long underwear: This has been an epiphany for me this season. Everyone who lives in even a region with even moderately cool seasons should have a pair of long underwear in their wardrobe.
3) Waking up to a bright flower in the bathroom waiting for you: For some reason having flowers indoors just makes more sense for me in the winter. I have already commented on my thing for rea flowers in the bathroom…
4) Soft warm comforters that let you snuggle under them and hide from the cold air just a little bit longer.
5) There is this one moment right in the middle of winter, when everything is gray maybe there is even snow on the ground and all of a sudden bright colors just seem more bright. Sure maybe that pillow has been there all year, but right this instant it is the brightest thing you have seen all day.
(Note: this blog post contains referral links)