Black Beans and Rice in the Slow Cooker
- 1/2lb of black beans soaked in water over night
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups liquid- either stock or water whichever you have available
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Mix all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and let simmer on low for about 8 hours
2) Prepare 2 cups of rice according to the package directions. Usually use my rice cooker.
3) Mix black beans with rice and serve. I like to top mine with a spoonful of guacamole, but you could also use salsa, or eat plain.
This is a quick and easy recipe. It makes enough for 4 adults, you can refrigerate the left overs for a week in the fridge, or freeze.
Check us out over at: The Southern Institute, Today’s Creative, The Tip Junkie, Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy, Romance on a Dime, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Kurtz Corner, The Southern Product Queen, Saved by Love Creations